St. Edward Parish, Cassville, MO
Phone: (417) 847-4948 • Fax: (417) 847-4947
Mailing address: St. Edward Church, PO Box 492, Cassville, MO 65625-0492
Pastor: The Very Rev. William M. Hodgson, email@example.com
Administrative Assistant: Alice Gebhardt
Also attends to Holy Family Parish, Shell Knob, MO
The Catholic Extension Society coupled with Kansas City’s Bishop Edwin V. O’Hara’s desire to have a parish in every county of that diocese resulted in the founding of St. Edward as a mission church in 1945. Located near Roaring River State Park, the Catholic community numbered 154 parishioners, making it one of the larger mission churches.
Growth in the area and arrival of Spanish-speaking Catholics increased the diversity and outreach of the community. On April 6, 1989, a new church was dedicated to accommodate the burgeoning Catholic population. In August 1999 the mission became a parish. Looking toward the future, the parish has purchased neighboring properties with the hope of building a Parish Life Center. The parish has seen significant growth—from 154 members in 1989 to more than 900 in 2004.
Above is compiled from diocesan archives.
For current parish Mass times and other activities and events click HERE. Or, call the phone number above.
GPS coordinates: N36° 41.306’, W093° 51.884’ (click here for map)
Physical address: St. Edward Church, 107 W 17th St, Cassville, MO
Parish related articles may be found here.